Anglo Welsh’s Top 9 Luxury Boats
Boasting exacting standards of craftsmanship, comfort and finish, our ‘Bond’ and ‘Constellation’ Class boats are the stars of our fleet.
These beautiful narrowboats all have full-size showers, a range of flexible and private berths, a large TV, WiFi, spacious kitchens with modern fittings and lighting, and a smart new livery. And for that extra bit of comfort in the colder months, the four and six berth boats also have solid fuel stoves.
Over the last four years, we’ve been introducing these luxurious boats at nearly all of our bases, so here are our narrowboat heroes:
- Travel to Stratford aboard ‘Aquila’ – the beautiful four-berth Constellation Class ‘Aquila’ arrived at our Wootton Wawen base on the Stratford Canal in 2016, and she’s already proving to be a favourite. On a short break (three or four nights) narrowboat holiday-makers booking ‘Aquila’ travel through the beautiful Warwickshire countryside to Shakespeare’s Stratford. On a week’s holiday, boaters can reach historic Warwick or Birmingham’s City Centre, while on a two-week break, they can complete the Avon or the Warwickshire ring. ‘Aquila’s 2017 hire prices start at £695 for short break (three or four nights), £995 for a week.
- Cruise the K&A on the luxurious ‘Langton’ – the majestic 12-berth Bond Class ‘Langto’n can be hired from our Bradford on Avon base, on the Kennet & Avon Canal in Wiltshire. From there, it’s a six-hour cruise to moorings close to Bath City Centre, perfect for a short break. Or head west to Fox Hanger Wharf at the base of the magnificent Caen Hill Flight of locks in Devizes. On a week’s holiday, boaters can reach Pewsey Wharf, or with two weeks to cruise, the Thames at Reading. 2017 short breaks on ‘Langton’ start at £785, weekly hire from £1,120.
- Charter ‘Cassiopeia’ to Chester – the super six-berth ‘Cassiopeia’ is based at Bunbury on the Shropshire Union Canal near Tarporley in Cheshire. It takes just seven hours by boat to reach the historic city of Chester, perfect for a short break. While on a week’s holiday, hirers can travel the Four Counties Ring, or head to the Llangollen or Macclesfield Canal, and with two weeks away, complete the Cheshire Ring. ‘Cassiopeia’s 2017 hire prices start at £715 for short break, £1,020 for a week. ***The four-berth Constellation Class ‘Carina’ is also available from Bunbury.
- Enjoy a break on the Thames with ‘Delphius’ – this 12-berth Constellation Class narrowboat is available from our Oxford base, on the River Thames at Eynsham. It takes just over three hours to reach moorings at Hythe Bridge in Oxford City Centre. Other short break options from this base include heading east along the Thames to Wallingford or west to Lechlade. Or transfer onto the Oxford Canal at Oxford and head up to Lower Heyford. Weekly cruise destinations include Henley on Thames and Banbury, and in two weeks, boaters can reach Little Venice and Paddington Basin in London. 2017 short breaks on ‘Delphius’ start at £785, weekly hire from £1,120. ***The 12-berth Constellation Class ‘Orion’ is due to arrive at Oxford next September.
- Admire Telford’s Aqueduct aboard ‘Aquarius’ – our four-berth Constellation Class ‘Aquarius’ is available to hire from Trevor on the Llangollen Canal in North Wales. This base is just minutes away from Thomas Telford’s masterpiece of Victorian engineering, the World Heritage Status Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. On a short break, travel east across the Aqueduct to Ellesmere or Whitchurch. With a week to hire, boaters can reach Wrenbury and with two weeks, they can tackle the Cheshire Ring. 2017 short breaks on ‘Aquarius’ start at £695 for a short break, £995 for a week.
- Glide to Bristol and back on ‘Gloria’ – the four-berth Bond Class ‘Gloria’ is available from our canal boat hire base at Sydney Wharf in Bath. From there, it’s a ten-hour journey through Bath and along the Bristol Avon to Bristol’s Floating Harbour, with Brunel’s SS Great Britain and Blue Reef Aquarium. On a week’s holiday, boaters can head east to Pewsey and back, travelling through the magnificent Caen Hill flight of locks at Devizes, one of the Seven Wonders of the Waterways. ‘Gloria’s 2017 hire prices start at £695 for short break, £995 for a week. ***The luxury six-berth Bond Class ‘Bradbury’ and 12-berth Constellation Class ‘Andromeda’ will also be available to hire from Bath in 2017.
- Travel along the Trent & Mersey aboard the lovely ‘Leo II’ – the four-berth Bond Class ‘Leo II’ is available to hire from our Great Haywood base, on the junction of the Trent & Mersey and Staffordshire & Worcester canals. Here there are many short break routes available, including the option to travel south along the Trent & Mersey Canal to Fradley Pool Nature Reserve and back. On a week’s holiday, boaters can travel to Market Drayton or Drayton Manor Theme Park, or tackle the Four Counties Ring. ‘Leo II’s 2017 hire prices start at £695 for short break, £995 for a week. ***The new four-berth Constellation Class ‘Pegasus’ is due to arrive at Great Haywood in April 2017.
- Hire ‘Hydra’ and head to Birmingham – from April 2017, the four-berth Constellation Class ‘Hydra’ will be available from our Tardebigge base, on the Worcester & Birmingham Canal near Bromsgrove. From there, it’s a five-hour, lock free journey to City Centre moorings at Gas Street Basin, perfect for a short break. On a week’s holiday from Tardebigge, narrowboat holiday-makers can head to Stratford, Warwick or Worcester, or travel the Stourport Ring. On a two-week break they can travel the Warwickshire or Avon ring. 2017 hire prices for ‘Hydra’ start at £695 for short break (three or four nights), £995 for a week.
- Explore Warwickshire aboard ‘Lynx’ – from June 2017, the brand new 12-berth Constellation Class ‘Lyn’x will be available to hire from our base at Stockton, on the Grand Union Canal in Warwickshire. Short break routes from Stockton include Warwick and its stunning Castle, said to be Britain’s greatest medieval experience. On a week’s holiday, boaters can reach Banbury on the Oxford Canal or Foxton on the Leicester Line. With two weeks to cruise, boaters can reach Oxford or travel the Leicester Ring. 2017 short breaks on ‘Lynx’ will start at £785, weekly hire from £1,120. ***The six-berth Constellation Class ‘Perseus’ is due to arrive at Stockton in August 2017.
To make a booking or to get friendly advice on canal holidays, please call our Booking Office on 0117 304 1122.Tags: 2017, berth, boats, break, Canal, class, four, hire, luxury, short, week